You may have insurance coverage for your orthotics, orthotic/orthopaedic shoes or sandals. Check your insurance plan for orthotics coverage and note the following:
- Do you have coverage for orthotics, orthotic shoes, stock orthopaedic shoes or custom made orthopaedic shoes?
- What is the amount of coverage per pair of orthotics and how often can you receive a new pair?
- How many pairs of orthotics or shoes per year are you allowed?
- Do you need a Physician or Doctor’s prescription or recommendation to get orthotics?
- Can the Orthotics be dispensed by a Physiotherapist along with a Physician prescription?
- All of these vary between insurance companies and are important to confirm before your orthotics are fabricated and provided to you by our Physiotherapists.
The following is an example:
- You may have $500.00 in coverage per pair of orthotics.
- You may be able to replace the orthotics every two years.
- You may be able to have the orthotics dispensed by a physiotherapist.